Friday, February 8, 2008

Bird In Hand Posing as Oven Mitt?

The first mitten has come out a wee bit bigger than expected, even on size 2 needles. But pretty? Gosh it's pretty. Even though you can't see the flower motif around the cuff. My hubby, who has custody of the camera, took this photo. If I can pry the camera out of his briefcase, I'll take a better shot. Or better yet, take one of the second mitten in progress, in which I demonstrate how I learn from my mistakes.

Ah mistakes. When will I knit something flawlessly the first time? I somehow ended the rows of braid on the cuff smack in the middle of the back where it really shows. The thumb is wonky (too long, lumpy), and then there's the small--or should I say big?--size problem. Alas. This is not to be my perfect knit.

But I don't really care. They're so pretty.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: